Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal and state law give consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal and state law also require us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security Number, medical information, and information provided on your application
- Policy coverage, premium, payment history, and other information about your transactions with us
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
Reasons We Can Share Personal Information
Senior Life means Senior Life Insurance Company.
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with state and federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
We also maintain other physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect this information, and we restrict access to those employees and agents for whom access is appropriate.
We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
- Apply for insurance and pay premiums
- File an insurance claim
We also collect your personal information from other companies.
Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- Sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you
- Sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.